One sample, one function – a live-coded, single function demolition of the most ubiquitous sample in modern music. This performance work is both an essay in conceptual minimalism and an attempt at filling the dance floor with the aid of one wavetable and a little maths.
The silent $ in the title (also used in the code), is in tribute to Gregory C. Coleman, the original drummer of the Amen break, who died homeless and broke.
- Libre Graphics Meeting : Seville : Apr 27 2018
- Piksel : Bergen : Nov 18 2017
- Generate : Tübingen : Oct 21 2017
- The ACM SIGPLAN International Workshop on Functional Art, Music, Modelling and Design (FARM) : Oxford : Sep 9 2017
- JCrete (impromptu) : Crete : Jul 20 2017
- Live Performers Meeting : Amsterdam : May 18 2017
- Electric Nights : Athens : Apr 1 2017
- Audiograft : Oxford : Mar 10 2017
An abridged version of this performance also forms part of my Write Now, Run Anytime talk / demo about live programming in Java with PraxisLIVE, originally written as the keynote for JJD, Krakow in October 2017, and since given in Oxford and Manchester.